kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Second Grave on the Left - Darynda Jones 1/5; 1 star; DNFI wanted to like this book. Maybe if I had a hardcopy of the book and could skim past the annoying parts I wouldn't have given up. I got to the point where Charley is explaining the back story. She explains about the origins of Reyes, herself, the tattoos that are the key, the portal to heaven, the fact that Reyes waited thousands of years for HER and HER alone to be called to be a grim reaper. Then he gets himself born so he can be with her. THEN, she is having a conversation with Reyes in which he explains why she is in terrible danger and why the demons want to get a hold of her...and he has to explain it over and over while she say 'what'?, 'I don't understand', 'what'? ad nauseum. I lost my belief in the main character so it seemed pointless to continue. Too bad because this writer seems promising.