kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Stray: Touchstone (Part 1) - Andrea K Höst 4/5; 4 stars; A-I really enjoyed this book. It was slow going to get into it but I'm glad I stuck it out. The story picks up momentum almost imperceptibly and after about 100 pages becomes 'unputdownable'. The main character of the story, Cassandra, is portrayed as this quietly courageous girl with astonishing ingenuity and moxie. The author tells the story via Cassandra's entries into her diary and does a great job of sticking to that POV. She makes the situation believable and the reader can really empathize with how mindboggling and terrifying it is to walk out of one world and find yourself in another world completely. Cassandra's discovery of an abandoned city and then 'rescue' by high tech humanoid aliens and subsequent processing as an 'intergalactic stray' would be enough to make anyone fall to pieces but she copes and finds ways to fit in. A large part of the book is about Cassandra coming to terms with maybe never going home and the discovery of her newly emerging psychic talents. At the end of this story I was dying to get into the second book and find out how many more talents Cassandra had and how she was going to be able to help fight the 'monsters' cropping up everywhere.