kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Precious Things - Gail R. Delaney 3.5/5 4 stars; B+Based on the beautiful job this author did of portraying the life of a person who was deaf since birth, I would give this book 5 stars. In the forward to the book she tells of how the original book was rejected by editors because no one would go for a hero who was deaf. Were they ever wrong! Benjamin Roth was a fabulous hero and the fact that he was deaf was only another aspect of his character, not the main feature. He was an extremely tortured hero, for good cause. The love story between him and Jewell both highlighted his pain and highlighted his healing. There were a some rough transitions in the story and 'stock' characterizations and situations which knocked it down on my rating scale but, at its heart, this was a very sweet romance and I liked it.