kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
The Reckoners - Doranna Durgin I've had this book for a while. I've picked it up and read a few pages on more than one occasion but couldn't get into it. That is probably the only reason I gave it three stars instead of four. Once I got past the first few pages, it pulled me in. If I try to put into words why I gave this book 3 stars and "A Feral Darkness" 5 stars I'd have to say its because its a rougher ride to clarity. Reading A Feral Darkness was like driving down a paved highway. Reading The Reckoners was more like a gravel road with a few potholes. The Reckoners was a good book, I liked it. I liked it enough to look for the next book in the series. However, the introduction of the other world concepts and the motivations of the 'aliens' was not smoothly introduced. A few times through the story I felt a fit frustrated because I couldn't figure out was was going on. I think Durgin left it too late to fill in the details for the reader but, that being said, she is such a talented writer that the story, characters, action made up for it. I particularly liked Sklayne. She did a fantastic job with the 'not cat' persona.