kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Diamond Star - Catherine Asaro Catherine Asaro is hit and miss for me. I read quite few books of the Skolian Empire several years ago. Some I really liked some were ok.This book was LONG and in places quite dull. However, I did like revisiting members of the Ruby Dynasty. The main male character in this book, Del, was really irritating. He irritated me from begining to end. The glimpses into Del's family felt familiar and I was interested in his Aunt, the Ruby Pharoah. The book didn't really have much of a sci-fi feel to me and the focus was heavily on the entertainment industry and the havoc it wreaks in the lives of celebrities. I started out my review with a three star rating but now that I think about it, have changed it to two stars. Not her best work but it nudged me to go back and read Spherical harmonic which is one of the Skolian books I missed (about Dhyianna, the Ruby Pharoah).