kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Ice Cold (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #8) - Tanya Eby, Tess Gerritsen 4/5 A-This was a good book. The creepy 'Deliverance' factor was definitely there. I enjoyed seeing Maura out of her element and the setting of the back woods was different from the usual. The whole polygamist cult thing was disturbing but not enough to account for the sinister activities going on. It was interesting to read the twist at the end.I think that it became clear in this book that the relationship between Maura and Jane needs to be developed a bit more. I've often wondered how two people who have gone through so much crap together could still be so reserved with each other. I hope Gerritsen starts to develop the character of Maura more because its clear that there is more to her than meets the eye. Her relationship with Rat was interesting and I hope to see him in a future story, as well as Sansone. As an audio book this was perfect for me. Not too slow, plenty of things going on, not too complicated such that a moment's distraction would make me lose the gist of the story. I listened to Vanish and The Mephisto Club on audio and think I'll look for more from this author.