kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
The Sixth Man  - Ron McLarty, David Baldacci 4.5/5; 5 stars; AWow, this was a great book. Non stop intrigue and action plus two of my favourite P.I.s, Michelle Maxwell and Sean King. David Baldacci hasn't disappointed me yet when I'm looking for a fast moving, complex, thriller, full to the brim with interesting characters. This audio version had some sound effects that you don't usually see in the audio books, especially the gun shots which were well timed and really startled me a couple of times. It was a good effect, not overdone. The last third of this book was so intense and interesting that I had to turn it off while driving on the busy freeway....very distracting. I thought the two narrators, Orlagh Cassidy & Ron McLarty did a great job. Their transition between voices and flow of the dialogue was smooth and distinct enough in the voices that you could easily tell who was 'talking' even if the text didn't have 'character X said' or 'character Y said.Unfortunately, i missed the book between this one and Simple Genius and, although it didn't interfere with my understanding or enjoyment of this book, I obviously missed some development in the lives of the two main characters. In Simple Genius, Michelle was missing from much of the book because she was very ill and depressed and searching for some answers in her life. Apparently that all got resolved in First Family and I want to go back and read about it.