kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
More than a Mistress (Mistress Trilogy #1) - Mary Balogh 4.5/5; 5 stars; AI first read this book about 5 years ago and have always meant to re-read it, to see if it is as good as I remember. Since Mary Balogh finally published Angeline's story, I thought I'd read it plus her brothers' stories again. I am kind of 'off' historical romances these days but that doesn't matter when reading a book by Mary Balogh. She is a skilled and polished writer and I always enjoy the characters in her books. In this book, the heroine, Jane/Sara is everything one could want in a heroine; smart, feisty, compassionate, sensible, and practically impossible to cow. The hero, The Duke of Tresham, is a spoiled rotten, egotistical 'gentlemanly' tyrant for much of the the book. At his core he is kind, honorable, and artistic. We leave it to Jane to save him, which she does, admirably. Definitely a keeper.