kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Breaking the Rules (Troubleshooters, #16) - Suzanne Brockmann 3.5/5; 4 stars; B+While not in the usual style of other books in the Troubleshooters series (where the story is built around a dangerous situation involving either Seal team 16 or Troubleshooters operatives) this was still a good entry into the series. At first I was going to rate it lower because I had such a strong negative reaction to some of the characters in the book. But, upon thinking about it, I decided, no, that is part of Brockman's strength as a storyteller. She makes you 'see' her characters. I've never liked the character of Dan Gilman in other books in the series and I really, really didn't like him for most of this book. But, as the story unfolded, I could at least have some empathy for the character and understand more about the Gilman family's ugly history. The parts of the story dealing with being gay and abuse of gay teenagers by family and society was enlightening, as was the insight into the human trafficking business.