kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
To Command and Collar - Cherise Sinclair 5/5; 5 stars; A+This was definitely my favorite Club Shadowlands book. Even though there were aspects to the content that were very dark (torture, human slave trading), Ms. Sinclair handled it is such a way that the hopeful, positive aspects of the story balanced it out. It was great to see many characters from other stories in this book but focus remained squarely on Kim, and her battle to face her fears and deal with post traumatic stress, along with Raoul and his role in supporting her. If I had one teeny quibble with the book it would be that Raoul was almost too perfect for most of the book. He did come close to a disastrous screw up at the end which thankfully proved he wasn't perfect. I would like to note how great it is to see an older woman play a role in this book and not have her be marginalized for her age. The author presented her as calm and courageous and still a beautiful, sexual being. So many books are full of twenty somethings who seem to be so mature, knowledgeable and fully sexually alive. I find that a bit unbelievable based on the many, many twenty somethings I've known. Although he played a minor role in the book, I really enjoyed the 'normalcy' of having a dog in there. Ari was an important character in Kim's world and helped to underline the long term aspects of fear that an abuse survivor deals with.I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to read an erotica-bdsm story with depth and good characterization.