kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Sweet Dreams  - Kristen Ashley 4.5/5; 5 stars; AWow, this was a really enjoyable book. I've never read anything by this author and was completely surprised. I would have taken off a whole star for the poor editing but the story was so strong it compensated for it. This book had enough length to develop a lot of characters and relationships, incorporate a mystery, and show a realistic time line for all the events to unfold. I found the story a bit confusing sometimes when it jumped around in time by a few days here and there and I got really, really impatient the overuse of 'um' but it wasn't enough to make me change my mind about the overall rating. The character Tate was an utter jerk for parts of the book and he made an awful lot of mistakes in fits of temper but he was so dogged in his determination to hang on to what he wanted and fix up his life that it was easy to get past the jerkishness. Lauren was also a character with flaws but she was completely likeable, strong and compassionate. I kind of liked that Tate and Lauren had a lot of arguments and disagreements because they worked it out, shouted about it, went crazy for a bit but didn't do the 'walk away wounded' thing. I don't like it when an author creates tension by having two people who can't or won't talk about things and the book is full of misunderstandings. There is something about this book that reminds me of some of the really good Nora Roberts stand-alone books from years ago, like Northern Lights, Blue Smoke, etc.