kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
The Reluctant Dom - Tymber Dalton,  Lesli Richardson 2/5; 2 stars; C+This is a case where I wish I could give two ratings. There were some really good aspects to this story and I feel bad only giving it two stars. I think if this story was about the relationship between Kaden and Seth I would have liked it more. Their friendship through Kaden's illness and even the discoveries after was a thing of beauty. Unfortunately, the things that didn't work in this book overshadowed that for me.First, the introduction of Leah portrayed her as a really weak, damaged, and dysfunctional woman engaged in a really dysfunctional marriage with Kaden. It didn't make sense to me that someone who was teetering on the edge of self injury and suicide could be high functioning enough to run charity events and at the same time getting settled and re-grounded by a session of play/pain. I get the concept that BDSM type activities can be a mechanism to help expose and deal with feelings. However, it didn't make sense to me in this instance. Next, I almost stopped reading this book in the first 50 pages because the characters and their relationships didn't appeal to me. When Seth first moved in with Leah and Kaden and she kept coming into his bedroom and bathroom uninvited to me that was a gross overstepping of boundaries and was really unfair to Seth who was already in a challenging new situation. Lastly, the book really dragged in a lot of places. A lot of it was downright boring. It didn't capture my interest until the last half and I would normally have put it down by then except I was determined to finish it for this friends challenge in the bdsm group.I will read something else by this author because I still liked her style and 'voice'. This book just wasn't one that stands out for me.