kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Unlawful Contact - Pamela Clare 1.5/5; 2 stars; CWhat a disappointing book. After reading the first two, strong and entertaining books in the series I was taken aback by how bad this one is. Before getting to the review I have to say one really positive thing about this author and her research for the I-team books. On her website she has a riveting account of her 'incarceration' as a felon which she undertook as part of her research and to learn more about the issues in the Colorado prison system. She has a particular interest in conditions that female inmates deal with. The article is eye opening and unsettling. That aspect of this book felt very real. Go check it out. On to the review:There was so much outright stupidity in this book that I just couldn't buy into either Marc or Sophie's characters. 1) Marc did something incomprehensible. He chose to take a life sentence for a murder he didn't commit to protect a person who didn't ask to be protected 2. Marc did another unbelievable thing. he took a hostage and busted out of prison in order to find and continue protecting his sister again, meanwhile, basically throwing his life away. 3. Sophie threw away her birth control pills. how can an intelligent person possibly think its ok to try to get pregnant with a person who has little chance of living out side a prison, if at all, and when there are bad guys with guns trying to kill you and you're on the run from friends and family as well as the law?? are there any neurons at all floating around in that skull? 4. The author spent two books developing the Chief Irving character as solid and trustworthy but Sophie disregarded him as a resource. 5. The author spent a whole book developing Julian as a solid gold cop but did Sophie even consider asking him for help? 6. The end...sucked. I guess this is a fairy tale and I didn't know it because that's the only way all the things could have been fixed up, pardons granted and everyone lives happily ever after. . The first two books in the series were good and the last two very good;this one was an anomaly.