kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Afterlife - Joey W. Hill 4/5 4 stars; A-This book is in a different class than so many of the erotica books that are out there. I really enjoyed it. I liked that aspect of the book that underlines how important it is for people to know who they are, accept who they are, and fulfill their potential to the best of their ability. I have no idea how our society got so balled up that we can't see all our fundamental drives as just that, fundamental. One is not any more or less important than the other. The drive to eat is no better or worse than the drive for sex. In this book, the underlying cause if Rachel's 'broken' condition is really her fundamental need to be the sexual submissive she was designed to be, her lifelong thwarted attempts to become that person, and the attendant horrible damage from her failed attempts. The beauty of the story is in Jon's recognition of who she is and what she needs and his relentless drive to pull her down the road to healing. I liked the incorporation of the spiritual underpinnings from eastern philosophy.I would have given it five stars except for the fact that the Kensington and Associates 'team' was too unbelievable and farfetched (IMO).