kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Local Custom - Steve Miller, Sharon Lee 4.5/5; 5 stars; AI re-read this book recently as I've decided to go for a foray into the Liaden Universe and re-aquaint myself with the old books as I add in the newer books. Re-reading this book was a joy, from start to finish. I was astonished that I had overlooked or forgotten so many little things in the story. What struck me most strongly when I re-read this book was the concept of Liaden honour and the clan system. I don't think it really hit home the first time. The characters in this book were vivid, complex, and engaging. The reader gets the most intriguing hints of mysteries to be unraveled, such as the combined history of the Liadens and the Terrans. It is not a key plot point to the story but rather, a part of the intricate weaving of the world that the authors have created over many books and short stories. The romantic storyline in this book was much stronger than in other Liaden Universe books. I also enjoyed the hints of magic and supernatural type powers (healing, empathic connection) that are introduced.