kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Caine's Reckoning - Sarah McCarty 2.5/5; 3 stars; B-If I could give a book a rating for 'potential' I'd give this one a higher score. There was the definitely the potential for a better book here. I liked the characters in the story, for the most part. But, I did have a strong objection to some of the behavior of Caine. On one hand, he is supposed to be this strong ethical guy who would never hurt a woman, yet on the other hand, he's completely insensitive and stupid when dealing with Desi on several occasions. It bothered me a lot. He knew she had been badly abused; sexually, physically, emotionally for a whole year yet pushed her over and over with inappropriate sexual demands. I just couldn't buy that a character who is supposed to such a good guys could be so insensitive and downright stupid. I think the author could have made a stronger book by focusing more on the story line surrounding the Hell's Eight group and what they were trying to do on their farm/land. I was disappointed because I like this author's storytelling voice. I think she got sidetracked trying to make it a 'hot' love story between Caine and Desi.