kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Drink Deep - Chloe Neill 2.5/5; 3 stars; C+This book wasn't as good as others in the series and had some glaring logic problems (IMO). Like another reviewer said, it felt a bit like a filler. However, I enjoyed the story overall and will continue with the series. I particularly liked the supernatural mayhem and the mystery around that. I also enjoyed the new twists on Mallory and Catcher's characters. There is a lot of meaty material there for future development! However, the whole GP receivership angle was done poorly and I found that the actions of Frank and the way the house leadership handled it was unbelievable. Really, it defied logic. That whole aspect of the book could have been cut out I think because the sudden turn around and quick resolution in the last few pages made me think 'why the hell didn't they do that in the beginning like the big tough kick ass vampires they are?' And, not to be a complete whiner but really, did she have to try to resurrect Ethan? The Ethan/Familiar plot point was weak I thought. We could have left him out and still had a strong Urban Fantasy story. .