kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Heartless - Gail Carriger 3.5/5; 4 stars; B+I thoroughly enjoyed the last half of this book. The first half was not so engaging. It seemed like a lot of going here and there and filling time. However, the story really picked up momentum and was rollicking along quite nicely by the second half. Carriger has a gift for snark and the dry nasty humour that I associate with British people,(no offence intended). In this book Conall, Professor Lyall, Lord Akeldema , Biffy, and many of the familiar characters played key roles in the story. There is a bit of a disturbing twist with Mme Lafoux but it makes the story interesting. I found the introduction of the 'infant inconvenience' hilarious and, at the same time, very sweet. The birth of the baby was a comedy of bad timing. Having had my life turned upside down by two babies with bad timing, I found it particularly funny! Can't wait to see what the author does with her character in the next book because her particular 'skillset' changes the whole ball game. Should be fun.