kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Petty Treason - Madeleine E. Robins 4/5; 4 stars; A-I really enjoyed this book. I've been dragging my feet on finishing it and reviewing for the lamest reason....I have had to get the next one through inter library loan and I don't want to have to wait too long from one to the next. I really enjoy looking at the world through the eyes of Sarah Tolerance. Madeleine Robins has taken a few liberties with history so the world for the purposes of the story but it still feels like Regency era England. My admiration for the character, Sarah, has grown by leaps and bounds over the course of the two books I've read in this series. The mystery and solving of it is only one aspect of the books. What I find almost as riveting is the social commentary embedded in the story. Robins does a fine job of highlighting the enormous gender inequality of the era. Her female characters are rich and varied!