kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
That's What Brothers Do - Derekica Snake 2/5; 2 Stars; CI didn't really like it but it was fairly well written and got a response from me so, to be fair, I think I had to finish it and give some serious thought to how to rate it. I originally rated it 4 stars but went back and changed it to 2. This was a dark book, set in the dark underbelly of society. The world of the mobsters, child sex abusers, racketeering monsters...you get the picture. Its the story of a young man's choice to save his sisters and put himself into servitude of the kind that would destroy most people. I found myself feeling a bit impatient with the self sacrificing/martyr role which bordered on TSTL. The author manages to convince me that is abuser could still be a decent person and together they could find love, even though there is nothing but depravity and violence in this world. I'd recommend it to people who like a dark tale. Its not really my thing but I can appreciate the author's skill.**editedI originally rated this book higher to try and give the author credit for convincing me there was a love story inside the horror story. After starting Dark Soul Vol. 1 I realized that this book is not anywhere near the same calibre as Voinov's writing so I downgraded the rating.