kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
The Introvert Advantage: How to Thrive in an Extrovert World - Marti Olsen Laney 3.5/5; 4 stars; B+I would highly recommend this book to a young person who has never had a chance to learn how this aspect of their temperament shapes a lot of their experiences in their personal and professional lives. I really enjoyed the first part of the book where Dr. Laney talks about what introverts are like. It was pretty funny. Or maybe I only thought it was funny because I could see so much of myself in there?? Its strange to hear that introverts are often likened to tortoises and connect that to my unfortunate childhood nickname, 'Torta'. Huh!My main reason for reading this book was to expand my parenting skills. Since my son is even more introverted than me, it seemed like a good idea to get some more 'book learning' on the subject. Having grown up as an Introvert in a large, noisy, extroverted family, I am well aware of how it 'shouldn't' go. The parenting section of this book was good and well worth the time. This isn't a book that needs to be read cover to cover, and, in fact, I pretty much skipped the dating and goal setting sections. That being said, there was a lot of information in there that would helpful to someone who hasn't read any much in the way of personal development books. All in all, a good book with a good section of references for anyone who wants to read more in the various subject areas.