kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve - G. Edward Griffin I wanted to give this book 2 stars. But I gave it three stars which means, in goodreads 'speak', I Liked it. I have to qualify that by saying I liked parts of it. There was a lot of interesting history in the book and I learned a bit about a lot of famous names I read of through history. Also, if a person was interested, there is a detailed bibliography to look into for further reading. I can agree wholeheartedly with Griffin about the dangerous game being played in the banking industry and in global politics with debt and fiat money (money with no assets to support it). When I read the book [b:Economics for Everyone: A Short Guide to the Economics of Capitalism|3975304|Economics for Everyone A Short Guide to the Economics of Capitalism|Jim Stanford|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1315688611s/3975304.jpg|4021069] I came away with a good understanding that the banking system, the IMF, the big governments of the world had a lot of control over how the economy works. This book by Griffin expands on that theme but with a sinister undertone. At the end of the book he paints a picture of the world moving towards a kind of feudalism where no one owns anything except a few rich people, we all live in the houses on the sufferance of the government and their rich supporters/controllers. I'd suggest reading this book by reading only the chapter summaries (which is what I did). The historical information is very interesting. The rest I'll take with a grain of salt and quite a bit of further reading.