kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
A Place Called Home - Jo Goodman 4/5; 4 stars; B+The pacing and tone of this book are more in keeping with 'women's fiction' than typical contemporary romance. However, there are enough romantic moments and sex scenes to put it in the romance category.I have always liked Jo Goodman's voice and I have always enjoyed a well written story about people finding happiness under challenging circumstances. Both combined in this story to make a satisfying read. I really enjoyed the children in the story and would have liked to see a bit more. The slow unveiling of Thea's past was well done. I thought the character was amazingly effective, compassionate, and strong; especially when it became clear what kind of horrible upbringing she had. Mitch was a great character also. He had couple of major screw ups but managed to redeem himself. This book also really made me laugh. The conversation between Mitch and Thea during the Feminine Hygiene Emergency had me in stitches.