kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Reaper's Property  - Joanna Wylde 4/5; 4 stars; A-I really enjoyed many aspects of this story, even though the whole biker culture is about as alien to me as the aliens I encounter in the science fiction I read. This is a dark romance and I put it on my erotica shelf too since that's where the vendor had it shelved but its not really erotica IMO. The sole purpose is not to be arousing, even though there is a lot of hot sex in the story. The story is in the spotlight.I liked the main characters Marie and Horse. I particularly liked how this author presented the MC culture as a society within society....very much like a completely different race living in amongst the regular citizenry. It was very easy to see how ex-military could find a place in this world. Living near an army base I've seen first hand how people who have done tours in places like Bosnia, Rwanda, and Afghanistan can never come back here and forget it ever happened. The world of drugs and guns and illegal activities is a dark place I have never wanted to be part of but Wylde managed to show how a person could have a satisfying life in that world if you know how it works, follow the rules and fit into the predefined niches cut out for everyone. I shudder to think of it but I still loved the story of Marie and Horse, set in that dark world. Well done.The only aspect of this book I didn't enjoy was the formatting of the first third or so. The POV shifted from Marie to Horse and the reader had to read everything from her POV, then another chapter with the same events from his POV. I've seen other authors accomplish this more transparently. It felt a bit clunky, as did the jumping around in time.