kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
The Undoing of a Libertine - Raine Miller 1/5; 1 star; DNFThe concept behind this historical romance is solid, but the execution was very weak.I thought the characters were really inconsistent. Jeremy started out as a shallow manwhore, constantly ruminating on the contents of his pants, then he quickly became lovestruck and honorable when he saw Gina. Mr. Russell, Gina's father, was a close minded abusive monster, then he suddenly became remorseful and full of parental love and protectiveness. Nah, didn't buy that. The first 40 pages were a very dull re-iteration of what is in the publisher's summary for the book. The middle was not bad, where Jeremy and Gina are building a relationship. Then, at about the 75% mark, Gina's character came undone, she became an idiot and she did the stupidest thing imaginable for a woman living in that time. I can not believe she would hire a carriage, not tell anyone where she was going, and follow an unknown woman from a brothel into the slimy area of the docks then go into a building after her. Especially when the author spent the whole book building this character who was sensible, courageous, and SMART! Ugh. I was trying to give this author a chance since I haven't read her books before but I closed the book at that point.