kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Chance of a Lifetime - Jodi Thomas 3/5; 3 stars; BThis was a tenuous 3 star book for me. I would recommend it to people who like to read small town 'daily life' type of books. I do like those kinds of books but this one didn't engage me as much as others in the series because it didn't seem to have a compelling driver to the plot. Quite a few characters from other books made cameo appearances and it was pleasant to see them. I don't think 'pleasant' is an insult but its not really high praise either.Unfortunately, I have the feeling that the author has lost her way a bit because I'm not clear on an unresolved threads that NEED to be tied off. Of course it would be nice to know what Thomas has planned for Ronny Logan but her story line was created a couple of books ago so I've lost interest for the most part. Beau Yates and Rick Matheson and even Regan Truman could re-ignite my waning interest but I don't know if those characters will ever re-appear. I will happily check out the next book that is scheduled but am feeling a bit ambivalent overall. Of course, Jodi Thomas is a good writer so her next book could be awesome as a stand alone, not necessarily part of the series. We'll see.