kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
The New Speaking of Sex: What Your Children Need to Know and When They Need to Know It - Meg Hickling 5/5; 5 stars; A+I have re-read and referred to this book a lot over the last 10 years or so as I've been raising my children. I would recommend this book to anyone with kids, because it has chapters applicable to all ages of development. AND, I would recommend this book to a lot of adults. There are an amazing number of people who reach adulthood with big holes in their sex education. Meg Hickling's style is matter-of-fact, no nonsense, and down to earth. No question is stupid, no matter is trivial.I have always left this book on the reference section of my library at home and told the kids that when they can read well enough to read it, they are welcome to anytime. Usually they are too lazy so they just ask me questions and we often peruse parts of it together. Kids seem to have phases when they are interested and curious about their bodies and sex, and phases where their interest lays dormant. This book is a good tool to use anytime the need arises. A good example of the kind of thing that can really blindside a parent is what happened to me a few months ago. My son (aged 12) wandered up to me and, out of the blue, asked 'what's an orgasm?' My first thought was 'how do I answer this in an easily understandable way that is not going to freak him out?'. So, I gave a general answer then went to Meg's books and looked up how she answered the question. He read it, I read it, then he got embarrassed and wandered off after telling me he heard the other grade 7 science class was talking about it but his class didn't. He wondered what all the kids were chattering about. I happened to see his science teacher the next day and asked her what was going on. She said 'Well, I was teaching the kids about organisms, and they all started giggling...and everyone got off topic'. So, my son got a bit of extra education on organisms and orgasms! Fun times in parenting.