kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Twisted (Tracers #5) - Laura Griffin 3.5/5; 4 stars; B+I debated whether this should be a 3 star or a 4 star book but my ongoing love of this author tipped me over to 4. Laura Griffin writes a great Romantic suspense novel. I've enjoyed every one I've read; some more than others. This book was a pretty decent addition to the Tracers series. I liked Mark Wolfe, and I liked the overall mystery plot. Most of the time I liked the character of Allison Doyle but some flaws in this character really detracted from my overall appreciation for this book. For Allison's character, the point is made, right from the beginning that she feels bad for making a mistake in judgement in a bad situation at the start and she beats herself up for it repeatedly. In that instance, I think anyone would let her off the hook because she had been working a lot of hours, she was tired and distracted, she wasn't on duty, and who the heck is always on the lookout for dirtbags when they stop in at the corner gas station? The fact that she thought this incident made her look like a crappy cop to her coworkers and that she lost ground after fighting so hard for recognition and respect, is brought up more than once. Then, she made the point, in conversation with Mark, that,as a relatively small person, and a woman to boot, she had learned the value of calling for back up, talking people down, and handling situations in a smart, non violent fashion. She talked liked she was sensible and she repeatedly stewed over and felt remorse for her mistakes in judgement. However, during the climax of the story she came undone, did a really idiotic thing, didn't communicate with or involve her team and almost got herself killed. It really annoyed me. It was like the character being built through out the book was a complete sham. Despite these flaws, I'm still on board with this series and eagerly await the next book in the fall.