kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox
Rottweiler Rescue: a Dianne Brennan mystery for dog lovers - Ellen O'Connell 4.5/5; 5 stars; AAs a purely 'amateur sleuthing' story with a heavy animal bent I give this book 5 stars. I already know I love this author's western historical fiction so I wanted to see what she could do in a contemporary setting. I was not disappointed. I don't know if a non-doggy person would get the same level of enjoyment but I am definitely a doggy person so I loved it. I can relate on so many levels to the dog showing, training, and obedience aspects of Rottweiler Rescue. After spending years volunteering doing Puppy kindergarten with a local dog club, then helping out with running their obedience trials I had a lot of opportunity to observe the doggy world from the fringes. I loved doing Puppy Kindergarten the best because I think it did the most good for helping dogs and people find a happy place to co-exist together. I loved all the breeds and every mix I encountered but had a special appreciation for the Rotties that came to class. These sweet natured giants were always great ambassadors for big dogs. Many years ago I had a moment of insanity and decided I wanted to learn about showing for breed. I did my research and bought a Belgian Tervuren puppy with the intention of learning about conformation showing and planned to work with him and earn his Canadian Kennel Club championship. He was a lovely dog and we managed to do that fairly easily. In the following months I met so many nice people, obsessed people, mean people and just downright weird people in the conformation world. Rottweiler Rescue was a step back into that world. Many people thrive in that world but it definitely wasn't for me. I just shudder to think of it and have no intention of ever going back into it as anything but an observer. My dog, Torin, was also grateful to be see the end of cold, noisy, smoky arenas. (Why do so many serious dog people smoke? !)I don't know enough about the American legal and justice systems to know if it was realistic for Dianne Brennan to spend so much time sleuthing and investigating the murder of Jack Sheffield but it made for a really entertaining mystery. I liked the fact that this book has no swearing and no sex so I could happily recommend it to my adolescent daughter who also loves mystery stories with animals.