kyahgirl

Kyahgirl

Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews
Financial Fitness for Beginners - A 12-Week Training Program (Canadian Edition)
Diana E. Young
Truly
Ruthie Knox

Silent on the Moor (Lady Julia Grey Series #3)

Silent on the Moor - Deanna Raybourn Deanna Raybourn likes to take some of the most forbidden categories of human behaviour and weave them into her stories. I like that. There was homosexuality, incest, and suicide in Victorian England as much as there is today but with her skillful plotting and characterization, I think Raybourn gives an extra insight into just how dark these secrets were at the time. Silent on the Moor was a better book than Silent in the Sanctuary in my opinion. The story contained several threads and there were so many interesting people in this book, pulling the bits and pieces of Brisbane's past into the spotlight. I was glad that, although still resistant to a relationship with Julia, Brisbane at least acknowledged how important she was to him. There was less sniping, betrayal, and childishness between Julia and Brisbane in this book too. I think I would have given up on the series if that had carried on....it really irritated me in the last book. My only quibble with the book may be due to my own inability to understand the mindset at the time about men not marrying women unless they had enough money to support them. It bothered me that Brisbane and Julia were prepared to accept a future without each other because Brisbane didn't have any money. The fact that Julia was rolling in it didn't matter. And the convenient discovery of the silver mine suddenly turned everything around....lame, lame, lame. But, again, it could just be my inability to relate.